Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Part 4 "AUNT NANCY TO THE RESCUE..."


Eliot Ness and Al Capone. Superman and Lex Luthor. The Lone Ranger and Butch Cavendish. Some people are just made to be mortal enemies. Such was the case with Mom and “E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial”. No matter what, she was NOT going to take us to go see, “that thing”, as she so affectionately called him. But somehow, some way…my Aunt Nancy, (good ol’ Aunt Nancy), saw to it that my brother Jeremy, my sister Rebecca and I were able to witness this historic motion picture when it first came to The ROXY Theater in Potsdam, during its initial run in June of 1982. I don’t know how you did it Aunt Nancy, but I’ve always appreciated you giving me the opportunity to see, what would later become, one of my favorite films of all time. Thank-you.