Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Part 8 "MOVIE GEEKS: THE NEXT GENERATION"



I have received a lot of enjoyment from movies over the course of my life. I often associate great memories with, sometimes, not even very good films. Whether it was watching GODZILLA: 1985 with my family at the local Cineplex in Utica, New York as a teenager, or seeing numerous “B-grade” movies consecutively on HBO at my Aunt Bea’s house in Kentucky with my brother while on vacation, (featuring such “classics” as FLASH GORDON, SWAMP THING, JAWS 3-D, SMOKEY & THE BANDIT 3, ELECTRIC DREAMS, and NIGHTHAWKS, in just one week alone!), or even just watching ones that came out on standard cable TV while I was growing up like, XANADU, LOVE AT FIRST BITE, ALLIGATOR, or the original SMOKEY & THE BANDIT for the 25th time, it wasn’t just the movies themselves that I loved,…but the people that I got to watch them with. Now that I am blessed enough to have a family of my own, I have gotten the chance, (much to the dismay of my own parents and in-laws at times), to view a whole new generation of films with the two most wonderful daughters that a father could ever ask for. So far, I’ve had the privilege of taking Samantha and Alexandra to our local MASSENA MOVIEPLEX 8 to see movies like TOMB RAIDER 1 & 2, (two of their personal favorites), SPIDERMAN, PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN, FINDING NEMO, ICE AGE, and THE INCREDIBLES just to name a few. I’ve also been fortunate enough to get to take them to re-releases of films that were near and dear to my heart as a child, such as STAR WARS, E.T., and THE WIZARD OF OZ. So in closing, thank-you to everyone in my life thus far, who have made these experiences so important to me. I will always be grateful for the family that I grew up with, and for the family that I will grow old with. I Love You All. Adam